No Products in the Cart
Blinds can either be fitted inside or outside the window recess. When ordering, make sure you specify your fit by selecting the correct MOUNT LOCATION. Making the decision to fit in or outside the recess depends on how you wish your Blinds to look. It's also necessary to mount outside the recess if:
- The recess is measures less than 75mm (3") deep.
- The window opens inwards.
- The window's measurements are not exactly straight (width or height varies by more than 200mm or 3/4"). If you're unsure, you can use a spirit level or similar level tool along the tops and sides.
If you decide to fit your Blinds this way, here's a quick guide on how to measure for them:
- Measure the width and drop in 3 positions (see illustration), noting any protrusions such as rails or tiles.
- Make a note of the smallest width and drop measurements of the 3. These are your correct sizes.
- You will need to allow the Blind to extend approximately 50-100mm above, below and to the sides of the window.
- Measure height and width and add an extra 50-100mm to the result (depending on how large you want the overlap).
When making your measurements, we suggest always using a metal tape measure as other types, such as cloth or plastic, may stretch.
Need more help? Please contact us and we can help you.
Ready to order? Browse our collection of Roman Blinds!
Hi I am looking at a Roman blind for the kitchen the last 40 cm steps inwards where the tiles are fitted could the blind be made go slightly in at the bottom is you can how would i put the measurements to you Thanks Rob